Therapeutic Massage is the oldest form of healing touch. It goes back to China approximately 3000 BC, called Amma. Today we have a variety of modalities under the umbrella term of Massage. Most of these modalities involve touch, but not all. Massage is essentially a manipulation of soft tissues. Your session may include: Effleurage, Petrissage, Compression, Friction, ROM, Facilitated Stretching, Light Touch and energy work. This all depends on the condition and needs of the tissues at the time. Some individuals like light, medium, deep touch, this can be varied depending on the client and the specified area being treated.
Therapeutic Massage Treatments that are offered at Sacred Prana: combination sessions available.
IN-HOME MASSAGE: Enjoy massage in the safety and comfort of your own home. Please ensure you have enough room for a massage table, area no smaller that 8′ x 12′. There is an additional charge of $25-100 for travel, depending on how far away you are from the Biltmore area. Please call for rates specific to your needs.
Swedish Massage Pressure from light to deep depending on the client’s needs and the area of the body. The client is usually unclothed, to your comfort level. Lotion is applied to the body. Hands & elbows are traditionally used.
Thai Massage at a medium to deep pressure. The client is clothed, light cotton t-shirt & shorts/sweats. Compression style with stretching. This style can be performed on a mat or table depending on the body style & needs of the client.
Medical/Clinical Massage at any pressure depending on the stage and needs of the injury. This can be helpful after injury or if indicated by a Medical Professional. Client is clothed.
Craniosacral Therapy: Light touch, Clothed. But can be added as part of your treatment. (see additional pages in this website)
Visceral Therapy: Any tissue is considered Viscera, but this modality can include organ, nerve or any tissue.
Myofascial Release Technique: A light pressure with an opposing pull to an area that creates a release of the facial system. Clothed, no oils.
Cupping: This is a myofascial release method. Oil is applied to the skin, Cupps are placed on the skin of the body area being treated. Cupps can be used as stationary, gliding, full or partial body, facial and feet.
Aromatherapy: Use of Essential Oils. Can be added on to any modality if you wish. Just ask.
Massage/Bodywork General Benefits
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Muscle relaxation.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
**Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back, neck, shoulder, hip/leg, and foot pain and improve range of motion.
- Relieve migraine pain.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.